Saturday 25 April 2015

Vintage Kitchen

Wednesday and Thursday - nothing special just heated stuff from freezer, I'd previously made.  Friday - Vintage Kitchen.  Our third visit and the gaps between visits are getting bigger, as booking is getting harder and harder.  I think we booked 6pm on Friday (in April) back in February!

Why?  It's tiny, 30-ish covers, BYO, very rare in Dublin, great value 2 x 2 course €56, great service and absolutely stunningly fantastic food! My friend MES, says consistently it's her favourite restaurant and it is hard to disagree.

We brought a nice 2010 Shiraz, we had picked up in our previous visit to Sydney in 2013, for starters San had mushroom pancake, in a Gorgonzola sauce, served in a mess tin, a bit like a runny lasagne, but that does not it justice (Quote: "the nicest thing I've eaten ever!") - I had hake in prosciutto, with a gorgeous fish cake, which was almost like an arancini, served in a caper sauce, stunning.

Mains, San had cod (huge), mussels, lump fish caviare.  I had the special, biggest piece of belly pork that exists that I think they had started slow cooking on the day I was born, crispy crackling, black pudding, onion jam,  masses of champ and parsnips.  Could not finish the veg and I had to waddle out!  It's a shame we've never had enough space for dessert in there, as they look lovely.
Went to walk it off for half hour, strolled through Trinity, obviously too student-y for me and always great to see a cricket match being played in the heart of Dublin!  Quick pint in Kennedy's as the rain started, bus home, nice glass of Rioja.

Not raining yet today, off to allotment to do some weeding.  Roast chick et al today


No comments:

Post a Comment