Wednesday 15 April 2015

Baked potatoes

I like the way I cook baked potatoes, took me a long time to get them how I like, but although I don't love potatoes like the local orcs do, this is the way I like them.

Put oven on full blast
Wash, fork the potatoes, put on plate in microwave with kitchen roll over it.  Cook on full power for X minutes, turning once or twice.  X minutes depends on size and type of tatties, 2 big rooster took about 12 minutes tonight.  Put straight onto shelf in oven for about 20 minutes, turn at least once, until crisp.  Remove flesh into bowl, add stuff (tonight strong cheddar, diced onions, butter, white pepper and salt), but I might do tuna, ham, chorizo, chillies, spring onions, piccalilli, smoked salmon, any strong cheese etc.  Back into oven and / or finish under hot grill, yum, yum, but maybe big sleeping pill :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment