Saturday 18 April 2015

Kebabs

So many years ago I used to go to an Indian take-away (Abdul's in Rusholme)that did that best kebab evah.

So as the missus was out and I could make something very spicy I had a run at this recipe:

Minced lamb, diced chillies, corriander, salt pepper, mixed than made into sausages, pushed onto pre-soaked wooden skewers (about 1/2 hour in sink), grilled on quite low, turning regularly until completely cooked. 4 from ~300g of meat

Large brown wrap / soft tortilla etc (Abdul's used a thinnish large naan, but I'm not great at making naan and I never seen any large or thin enough)

Lettuce, I used baby gem, bit of crunch, sliced red onions, tomatoes (this time I used cherry ones I'd oven dried and stored in oil in the fridge), 2 kebabs.  I then poured on some chilli sauce I made earlier in the year, should do a recipe for this, as I made a big batch and the jars in the fridge at work get used up pretty quickly.  I chopped up some mint from the garden added to yoghurt and poured that on.  Couple of chopped up pickled chillies and folded it.  I made 2 batches of these, cooked separately as I like meat hot.  Happy boy.

Early Saturday morning now, off to allotment to do battle with slugs and weeds

No comments:

Post a Comment