Friday 10 April 2015

La Rosa the Stand, Sydney

As expected, dinner was not cheap, but overall good.  Starters and staff were the highlights, although very busy, so a little slow, but as we gobble our food, it is probably a good idea to force us to slow down.  Polpettes with the nicest polenta I've had in forever, others had calamari, bruchetta and lamb skewers all good.  I had roast cauliflower pizza with truffle oil, will be making that myself, sort of like the artichoke and potato one from Niamh Shields' Comfort and Spice, one of my fav cookbooks.
Meal somewhat overshadowed by a git on a neighbouring table, being so obnoxious I thought he was English, he did know everything.

Parlour Lane Roasters @QT hotel for a quick glass of lovely wine on way home, packing today, maybe a few pints and bite to eat, might just cook something simple after their work

No comments:

Post a Comment