Monday 6 April 2015

Tools

I have a problem with buying lovely kitchen tools, I do love gadgets and sharp things, but I think I'm now a bit more mature and am staying away from impulse buying.

This is a list of things I made for someone who was first moving out of her Ma's house as a starter:

Sharpe knives - 6” chef’s knife, 3” paring knife
Knife sharpener (if knives are steel)
Heavy, anodised pans 8”, 10” and 12” with closely fitting lids*
Wok
Heavy frying pan*
Chopping board (various sizes but thick)
Wooden spoons
Mixing bowl
Weigh scale
Grater
Garlic press
Oven dish
pizza stone (metal pizza dishes are only OK, as they won’t get hot enough, the hotter a pizza is cooked, the faster and fast is best for pizza)
Muffin tray and paper cases
*Pans are best if they have metal handles rather than wood or plastic, as you can put them into the oven

For me I also need mortar and pestle, overly expensive KitchenAid mixer, food processor, coffee grinder (that I only use for making garam masala), stick blender.   Less used are (cheap Aldi or Lidl) ice-cream machine, but it's never warm at home, bread machine, tend to make dough with hook on mixer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment