Monday 8 June 2015

Allotment, pub and roast pork

Bit of weeding in the allotment and re-potting in the greenhouse over the weekend, went out for a pint (I had ribs, she has chick goujons)  in The Well on Friday, Roast pork, potatoes done in the duck fat I still have, green beans and carrots.  Made gravy from juices with a veg and a duck stock I had in freezer, pretty good.  Sunday as it was a lovely day, did a BBQ type things, but indoors.

Burger:
mince beef, a couple of inches of chorizo, whizzed up in blender, mixed together, the chorizo means I don't have to season.  Split into 4, make 4 thin patties on top of two put some cheese, cheddar in this case and some relish, I had a bit of red onion relish I made a few months ago and a chutney someone gave me.  Put the other patties on top and press together to seal in cheese and relish.

Wedges:
Steam potatoes, let dry, cut into wedges, season with salt, pepper and chilli into an oven-proof dish gas 7 with oil, garlic in this case.

Get girdle pan v hot, put the burgers in, turn once and put in bottom of oven, til cooked through.  Rest for 5 minutes, server with wedges and a green salad.

Leftover wedges and roast port tonight, dunno tomorrow and Tapas in Bon Appetite for San's Birthday on Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment