Wednesday 27 December 2017

Stephen's Day

Back in work, today 27th, finished going through freezer yesterday, only a couple of pizza chillies, one chilli and one ratatouille, 3 chicken breast and some pork medallions left from before last week.
So, stuff I made over the weekend is all December 2017, ready for the return of San at the weekend.

As expeected Christmas dinner cook by B-I-L was excellent, while I am no fan of Christmas dinner, the Irish version (with turkey and ham, no cranberry, no bread sauce) is infinitely better than the British version. good desserts, obviously took much of everything, slightly sad missing a few people, but not maudlin.

I made roast pork, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, gravy yesterday v good, though gravy a little salty.

As I got new scales and a pasta machine for christmas from the girls, it was ravioli time.  I found a packet of  porcini in the press that I had bought in Sicily in the summer, some pancetta in the freezer.

Soaked the porcini for an hour or so, drained through a sieve to get rid of grit, reserved the liquid.  gently fried the pancetta, added the softened mushrooms, once cooked through, blended with a little cream and reserved liquid and olive oil then chilled.

Made standard pasta from Love Bites chilled, then rolled out, what I didn't used I frozen in sheets.
Softened shallots, reduce a carton of white wine, added rest of reserved liquid, reduced by half, added cream and a good bunch of parsley from the garden, going really well considering the time of year and some diced preserved (sort of) lemon that I made a few weeks ago.  Some pictures below:





No comments:

Post a Comment