Thursday 6 July 2017

Thoughts on lunches

Over the years, lots of jobs, lots of different workplaces and lunch possibilities, at the moment a break room, fridge, couple of microwaves, George Foreman, toaster so OK.  Had everything from proper kitchens to nothings and a huge range of canteens in between. Whee I currently work, there are load of great (expensive and large portion) places to get takeaways and plenty of eat-ins as well.

Part of being old and on a strict plan to not spend money, makes me aghast at spending a tenner, or more, on lunch, food looks and smells lovely, but I don't need that much (though am a terrible snacker, but that's why I have apples, yogurt bars, peanuts in my desk) I do think that lunch can be good and cheap.

I plan to do a few recipes to expound on this, but just wanted to put down a few words about leftovers, especially ignoring using everything the next day and jazzing up simple staples.

Part of the problem here is I am impervious to any gutrot, so I would say food never goes off (within a week), so I can use Saturday's leftovers on Wednesday, but even if you are more delicate, most food from supermarkets traveled from the other side of the world, it will last another day.  It's is also part of the plan, not to waste anything, I feel sadder about throwing food out than Trump, May, Corbyn, God(s) and / or any other ridiculous politician or the imaginary pantheon.  So will try and post some recipes of use of leftovers, five days a week for years, so I think am OK at it.


Staples - rice, pasta, chick-peas, noodles, pulses, potatoes, can be all great, some take a bit longer to cook and / or prep, but cheap as fuck and can be lovely, especially if, as I do, you love spices

I plan to put a selection of my lunches down to help anyone else with a similar plan

No comments:

Post a Comment