Wednesday 19 July 2017

Tabbouleh

Made tabbouleh a couple of times lately, read the Guardian "prefect" article, but obvo didn't go for all the extra fancy messing.

There was bulgar wheat in Lidl ages ago that I bought cheap and never used, saw some tabbouleh on the telly , thought it looked nice so went for it.

Basically very simple:

Cook bulgar wheat in 2 x salted boing water for about 7-10 minutes, let cool
Chop enormous amounts of parsley (flat leaf, but I've used either) - at least three times the amount of wheat, but I've used less when that's all I have.
Chop a good handful of mint - plenty of others herbs will go (dill, tarragon, fennel fronds etc)
Slice a couple of spring onions and (preferably very ripe) tomatoes
In the proper recipe there is a list of spices - I just use ras al hanout
Lemon juice and salt to taste

Mix all together, the only time consuming bit is the herb chopping, but I guess you could use a machine...

excellent summer lunch at work

No comments:

Post a Comment