Saturday 8 August 2015

pizza, pig's feet and roast pork

Pizzas last night, 3/4 "00" flour 1/4 semolina flour, salt in bowl first to keep it away from yeast, then flour, warm water (20-24 degrees, 21 1/2 about perfect, if I remember my time working in a distillery) yeast, sugar stirred in a in glass, on top, dough hook on slow gradually add more liquid, bit by bit and keep kneading until a smooth glossy dough.  Add more flour if too wet.  Cover bowl, leave for a hour.

I made a Tex-Mex beef chilli for pizza, a batch for three servings, use one and freeze other two, so got one out of freezer, with a simple tomato sauce I also had in there.

Oven on full blast, shelves at the top 2 slots, split dough into 2, roll out, then onto over paper disks and leave to rest.  Take mozzarella out of fridge and dry.  Blacken red pepper on the gas ring, put in plastic bag to cool, then peel off skin, core and slice.

Take top stone out of over, put paper and base on it, drizzle on olive oil, table spoon of tomato sauce, chilli mix, some red peppers and sliced mozzarella, into over, take out other stone.  Base the same, one half sliced red onions, good tuna, I bought in Madrid last week and the red peppers and mozzarella, other side jamon (again Madrid), mixed cheese and into oven.

When top one was nearly there, under a hot grill to brown, move other one to top shelf, slice and serve.  Repeat grilling with other, then add washed rocket, from garden onto jamon side.  Slice and server.  All in all very good.

Saw someone using pig's feet and they sell 3 for €2 in JCs, over the road so I got them, currently following this.  Just took them out to cool, will let you know later.

Roast pork tonight, with roast potatoes, I was at the allotment this morning, so home grown peas and carrots.

Just to show what I nerd I am I keep a spreadsheet of the 4 draws in my freezer

No comments:

Post a Comment