Tuesday 20 November 2018

Instagram

I was listening to Radio 4's The Food Program about Instagram this morning and found it really arresting, as someone who photos food, mostly for myself and a couple of friends, obviously some for this (unread) blog and occasionally, though now rarely, Facebook.  As I don't use Instagram, it's a bit of a mystery to me, although the contributors seemed to suggest it was a nicer place than Twitter, so obviously nicer than FB as well, as they tend to both be miserable and / or shouty cesspits.

I thought the talk of influencers and people teaching how to take photos for Instagram - and being paid for it, were something of a revelation,  though I am too old and miserable for a bright and happy place - I did smile at the thought of a specifically Instagram friendly brand of pasta and trying to get seated at the the tables with the best light for photography

When I'm in the gym on a morning, there is a very fit attrative couple, there everyday who do a huge amount of work and document it as they go in a notebook, I've noticed now and again the they pause to take pictures / videos of eah other, I guess it is part of the same Insta-thing I'm just not with - but being old and fat as well as more interested in taste than looks in food, hardly surprising I'm out of touch

No comments:

Post a Comment